Jaggery is a traditional non-centrifugal cane sugar. My Village Sugarcane jaggery is made by boiling sugarcane juice until it turns into a semi-liquid. Then it is cooled in flat trays and shaped and cooled in moulds. It is processed in a very hygienic and vegetarian environment. Jaggery can replace refined white sugar in foods and drinks. Jaggery is used as an ingredient in sweet and savoury dishes in the cuisines of India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan.
- My Village sources sugarcane jaggery from manufacturers who use organically grown sugarcane and its juice extracts to process it. 100% Pure, Natural and Organic. Free from pesticides, chemicals, additives or any type of preservatives. No sulphur content.
- Known as gur in Hindi and Urdu, gul in Marathi, bellam in Telugu, Bella in Kannada, Sarkkara in Malayalam and Vellam in Tamil.
- It is rich in antioxidants which help to detoxify your body. Good source of Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and phosphorus.
- Jaggery can be used as a healthy substitute for sugar. Used in the preparation of sweets, kheer, payasam etc. Jaggery is used to add sweetness to dishes to balance the spicy, salty, and sour components. Besides being a food, jaggery may be used (mixed in an emulsion with buttermilk and mustard oil) to season the inside of tandoor ovens.
- Instructions: Store in a cool and dry place. Keep away from direct sunlight and heat. Best before 12 months from the date of packing.
- Contents: 750g Sugarcane Jaggery