Palm sugar is a natural sweetener that is made from the sap present in the flower buds of the palm trees. It is known as natural sugar because it involves minimum processing and no chemicals are used. We heated the sap from the tree to wick away the moisture content until a thick syrup is obtained, and this sweet nectar is then further reduced to crystals. The sugar has a mild caramel flavor and in its liquid form resembles honey whereas, in the granular state, it is not much different in taste as compared to white sugar. It is used in making curries, sauces, and desserts.
- My Village palm sugar crystals are made from palmyra palm. Its also called 'panam kalkandu'. Palm sugar crystal is richest natural sweetener. It is help to growth of strong bones and teeth in growing children. Palm sugar crystal enhances taste of any dish. Best calorie-free sweetener for diabetics and health conscious people.
- Palm sugar is an unrefined sugar, It has a number of minerals, vitamins, calcium, iron& phyto nutrients including zinc and potassium. As a result, it has become increasingly popular as a substitute to white and brown sugar. The sugar content in palm sugar is well balanced. It is a good source of Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12. It being rich in iron helps to treat anemia. Palm sugar being low in the GI helps to cure PCOS problem in women.
- Palm sugar is good for weight loss, due to its insulin content that it has a low glycemic index than sugar.
- Palm sugar is a best alternative to white sugar due to its flavour and perceived health benefits. It is natural and less highly processed than white table sugar.
- My Village palm sugar crystals are 100% Natural and organic Products. It involves minimum processing and free from chemicals.
- Instructions: Should tight the lid after the usage. No need to refrigerate. Keep in a cool dry place.
- Contents: 300gm of Palm Sugar Crystals